Share this record
‘Knife crime’ is simply any crime that involves a knife.
- carrying a knife or trying to buy one if you’re under 18
- threatening someone with a knife
- carrying a knife that is banned
- a murder where the victim was stabbed with a knife
- a robbery or burglary where the thieves carried a knife as a weapon
If you have information about knife crime in your area and you're nervous about going to the police, you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. They will never ask for your name or try to trace the number that you're calling from.
If you are worried about knife crime, or are involved with it already, it is not too late to get help. Talk to your teacher or another grown up you trust or contact one of these organisations