Share this record
Many families in Sandwell could get free school meals but don't claim for them.
Find out more about how to apply for free school meals, help with the cost of school uniforms and help with school travel costs.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education