Share this record
Children's Centres provide support to families with children and young adults 0-19 years (up to 25 years if they have special education needs or disabilities).
Children's centres are the delivery mechanism for the Family Offer in Sandwell. Their aim is to deliver better outcomes for children and families.
They also provide co-ordinated support to children, young people and families with additional needs to prevent their problems from escalating.
The Family Offer
- An information point for local parents about services in the area and in the borough as a whole
- A support service for children and young people diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families (and support prior to confirmed diagnosis)
- Early Years services working with parents to develop their understanding of how young children learn and develop so that their children are ready for school.
- A family support service for children, young people and their families.
- An antenatal education programme
- A health promotion role linking with all other elements of the Offer e.g. breastfeeding, healthy eating, smoking cessation, immunisations, oral health, etc
- Support to parents to access education and training as steps towards employment
- In addition childcare services offering early learning for twos (ELT) and nursery education fund (NEF) are available in the majority of children’s centres across the borough
Children’s Centres are based in each of the six towns in Sandwell (with two core children’s centres in West Bromwich).
Find out here where your local children's centre is and what facilities and activities are available.
Christmas Elf Hunt - Call 0121 588 5431 to book virtual event
Stay and play sessions are being offered virtually by Action for Children. Booking essential. Call 0121 557 0740 to book a place
Looking for something to do with your baby? Baby Massage for 6 weeks to 6 months and Little Sparklers for 4-12 months. Call 0121 588 5431.
Play Talk Read Sessions To book a Virtual Session Call 0121 588 5431