Articles (119)

  1. Transition to Secondary School

    For children with SEND the transfer from primary school to secondary school can be particularly daunting. Proper planning along with discussions and the sharing of information between schools is vital if the children are to be identified and supported effectively during and after the transfer.…
  2. Education after 16

    All children and young people have the right to full-time education up to the age of 16 and now must attend education, attend training or be employed from 16-18. Many young people with special educational needs and disabilities benefit enormously from these last few years,…
  3. Going to university

    Higher education is an opportunity to study a subject to a higher level, such as a bachelor's degree or foundation degree. If you are a student with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND) you are not covered by the same law that covers colleges but…
  4. Universal services

    Universal Health Services are accessible to all children and young people. In some cases, there will be similar services available especially for people with Special Education Needs and Disabilities.
  5. Independent Travel Training

    What is independent travel training? It is the process that teaches someone to learn how to travel a specific route on their own and in a safe and responsible way: a unique learning programme specifically designed to meet each trainee's individual needs one-to-one flexible bespoke…
  6. The Care Act 2014

    This advice and guidance is concerned with the Care Act 2014 and how if affects you if you are receiving services from Adult Social Care.
  7. Key data

    This page shows key data relating to special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in Sandwell. The Department for Education publishes this data every year for every local authority. However, if you feel we should add more information please contact us. Click on the titles below…
  8. Moving out

    You may choose to live independently form your parents and carers. You can find help and guidance on lots of different services that can help support you in your own home. Help from the government The Government website offers advice on all areas of moving…

Get in touch with us

Family Information Service
Back to top