Benefits Advice Centre
The Benefits Advice Centre is an online independent specialist advice service providing help with all areas of claiming and managing welfare benefits. It is a project run by The Change Consortium CIC (TCC), a local non-profit social enterprise based in the West Midlands. An independent service, which is now available across the UK. It is accessible to all with no referral needed.
Why us? Our unique service includes:
- A dedicated adviser to answer queries about entitlement, claiming and challenging benefit claims, giving consistent and up-to-date advice. Clients speak to a trained specialist, not a volunteer.
- A one-to-one question and answer service, live video consultation rooms with guaranteed privacy to help people with their benefits entitlement and issues, with clients able to upload or download documents during their consultation.
We work hard to keep waiting times for help to a minimum, we are proud to have an average response of time less than 24 hours (Mon to Fri) for a reply or online appointment booking.
Our online advice centre also provides users with:
Documents with detailed information about different benefits, including useful tips for applying for different benefits.
- Videos guides for claiming and eligibility for Universal Credit, DLA, AA PIP and more, which are not available anywhere else.
- Online forms that can help users download the correct forms, and sample answers too.
- In-depth and exclusive Benefits Advice Video guides on how to answer the questions in forms for Universal Credit, PIP AA and more.
- Guidelines to challenge any benefit decision (Mandatory Reconsideration).
- Online Benefits Advice Centre is for people of all ages and nationalities.
Who to contact
- Referral required
- SEN Provision Type
Last updated: 17/06/2020