Inclusion Support - Early Years (ISEY) and Child Development Centre is based at The Coneygre Early Years Centre, Tipton and supports children in their early years who have individual or special educational needs / disabilities (SEND). It is a multiagency service made up of professionals from health and education.
The service works in collaboration with other agencies to provide appropriate support packages and early intervention.
The team works with children in their own homes, at the centre and in a range of early years settings, holiday play schemes and out of school clubs.
They provide packages of support tailored to the individual needs of the child to support transition into school
They provide advice, guidance and training to early years practitioners in preparation for a child entering nursery or reception class.
Provide advice and guidance to childcare settings so they can offer quality inclusive provision ensuring the needs of children with SEND are being met.
Work with agencies and early years professionals to support children with SEND who are accessing early years settings out of borough.
Provide funding for 1:1 support for those children who may be eligible for the Early Intervention Grant.
The centre offers:
- Paediatric clinics
- specialist joint assessment play groups and individual sessions to encourage parent participation,
- access to advice and guidance from other health and education professionals
- Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT) meetings to discuss the child’s progress and future needs.
- a sensory room.
- Counselling Psychology support for children being assessed for Complex Communication and Multiagency Assessment for Autism (MAA) via the early years pathway.
- Parent workshops including sleep, feeding, toileting, challenging behaviour, autism awareness.