The Workplace Nursery opened in 1991 and operates from the Sandwell Council House in Oldbury. The nursery offers both full and part time places for children from 0-4 years of age. We have three main rooms 0-2 (baby room), 2 years olds (Toddlers) and 3-4 year old (pre-school). We offer both indoor and outdoor facilities. We offer funded places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds both 15 and 30 hours - we offer these flexibly enabling parents / carers to spread the hours over 52 weeks if required. The Nursery was last inspected on 30 October 2019 and are proud to have achieved the highest rating of Outstanding across all areas.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Mrs Penny Stewardson
- Contact Position
- Nursery Manager
- 01215693165 01215693165
Where to go
- Workplace Nursery
Sandwell Council House
B69 3DEView B69 3DE on a map
We are situated in the main council house building in Oldbury, directly behind Sainsbury's.
- Birth to under 2 years - £21.50 per session £180 per week Council employees
£23.00 per session £195.00 per week Non council employees
2 to under 3 years - £20.00 per session £175.00 per week Council employees
£21.50 per session £190.00 week Non council employees
3 to 5 years - £19.00 per session £170.00 per week council employees
£20.50 per session £185.00 per week Non council employees.
Further discounts available for SMBC employees where household income is below £50,000
- Age Ranges
- 0 - 5
- Has wheelchair access
- Other notes
The nursery is open to both Sandwell Council employees and the general public.
- Has wheelchair access
- Has Special Needs provision
- Special Needs Experience
Speech And Learning Delay
- We pride ourselves in offering a fully inclusive service for children with special needs. We work closely with Sandwell's Inclusion Support Early Years to ensure that partnership working between specialist agencies enhances the children's learning and opportunities. I would urge parents / carers of children who may have additional needs to contact the nursery prior to admission to discuss the child's individual care needs in order to implement a personalised induction and look at what support would be required before the place commences.
- Has provision for special dietary needs
- We cater for all dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan, halal as well all specific dietary request relating to allergies.
- Has immediate vacancies
- We have limited availability for 3/4 years for the new term commencing September 2023
- Has 3 & 4 year old funding
- Has 2 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 7:45am 5:45pm Tuesday 7:45am 5:45pm Wednesday 7:45am 5:45pm Thursday 7:45am 5:45pm Friday 7:45am 5:45pm
Does not offer school pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Date type Outcome 30/10/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding