Looked After Children Service
When support in the family home is not the answer to serious problems, and no one else in the family is able to help, a child may need to be looked after elsewhere either temporarily or permanently.
The Looked After Children Service refers children and their families to the Family Resource Centre. They work to either move a child to a permanent substitute family, or reunite the child with their family, along with Family Placements.
Looked After Children's Services aim to:
- help children grow up healthily, from conception to childhood
- help children gain full advantage of the education system
- make sure that children and young people behave well and keep out of the young offenders system
- keep looked after children and young people safe from harm
- make sure children acquire and develop the essential life and social skills needed for adulthood.
The Looked After Children's Service is part of Sandwell Children's Trust
Who to contact
- 0121 569 3100
- Looked After Children
Last updated: 15/04/2019