The Youth offending Service works with young people aged 10-17 that get into trouble with the law. They look into the background of a young person and try to help them stay away from crime.
- help young people at the police station as an appropriate adult if they’re arrested.
- Provide support to young people at Court, and write reports to advise the Court on sentencing.
- Work with the police to supervise out of court disposal options
- Supervise young people serving a community sentence
- Stay in touch with a young person if they’re sentenced to custody , and supervise them on license in the community
The Youth Offending Service is part of Sandwell Children's Trust