Multisystemic Therapy (MST) is an intensive family and community based intervention for children and young people aged 11-17, where young people are at risk of out of home placement in either care or custody due to their offending or having severe behaviour problems.
The key goals of MST are to break the cycle of anti-social behaviours by keeping young people safely at home, in school, and out of trouble.
MST therapists aim to:
- work intensively with parents or carers to empower them with the tools and resources to manage the young person’s behaviours;
- increase young people’s engagement with and success in education and training;
- promote positive activities for parent and young person;
- reduce young people’s offending and/or anti-social behaviour;
- improve family relationships;
- tackle underlying problems in the young person or parent, including substance misuse.
Referrals by professionals only.