Leaving Care Service
Sandwell Children's Trust Leaving Care Service provides ongoing support to young people 16-25 to transition as individuals to adult hood.
Leading up to the young person’s 18th birthday and formally leaving care, each young person will be allocated a personal advisor to support the transition.
The Trust has a duty to provide advice, assistance and support to young people the with the view to maintaining contact until the care leaver reaches the age of 21 or up to 25 if they wish to.
A Personal Advisor’s role is to:
- provide advice (including practical advice) and support to the young person;
- participate in reviews of the young person’s case;
- liaise with the young person in the implementation of the pathway plan;
- co-ordinate the provision of services and take reasonable steps to ensure the young person makes use of such services;
- remain informed about the young person’s progress and wellbeing;
- keep full, accurate and up to date records of contacts with the young person and services provided;
- provide information about financial capability-how to manage day to day finances;
- provide housing options available to the care leaver;
- support in finding further education, employment or training;
- keep in touch with the young person
We run a daily duty service 9.30am - 4pm for young people to have face to face contact with their staff member or a duty worker.
Who to contact
- 0121 569 2201
- Sandwell Children's Trust
Where to go
- Leaving Care Service
- DY4 8QL
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- 16 to 25 years old
- Referral required
Last updated: 04/06/2020