We are a social care team that supports children and young people with severe and profound disabilities up to the age of 18, and their families.
What support do we give?
- Information on the impact of a disability on a child or young person and their family.
- Support at home for parent or carers in caring for a child with a disability.
- Short breaks during the day in a family's home and in the community or overnight in foster care and residential units.
- Play and leisure opportunities.
- Direct payments to enable families to buy in their own care.
- Signposting to other agencies that may be able to help.
- Counselling to talk through worries and problems.
Children with Disabilities Team is part of Sandwell Children's Trust