Changing Places toilets are different to standard disabled toilets with extra features and more space to meet a disabled person's needs. Each Changing Places toilet provides:
The right equipment:
- A height adjustable adult-sized changing bench.
- A tracking hoist system, or mobile hoist if this is not possible.
- Adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two carers.
- A centrally placed toilet with room either side for the carers.
- A screen or curtain to allow the disabled person and carer some privacy.
A safe and clean environment:
- Wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench.
- A large waste bin for disposable pads.
- A non-slip floor
The Changing Places Toilet Map will help you to find the nearest toilet quickly and easily.